ODI Leeds internships (paid)
ODI Leeds a pioneer node of the Open Data Institute is looking for two passionate interns (paid) to support its research, events, innovation and data projects from its co-working space in central leeds.
Who we are:
The ODI founded by Sirs Tim Berners-Lee and Nigel Shadbolt, connects equips and inspires people around the world to innovate with data. ODI Leeds works to do this for the City Region, and is connected to the global node network.
ODI Leeds & The ODI independent are separate not-for-profit companies. ODI Leeds is linked to The ODI by its Pioneer Node Status.
What you will do:
As an ODI Leeds intern, you will support the work of the ODI Leeds team, with responsibilities including:
- support for our events/ hackathons & innovation pathways
- hosting and supporting within our workspace
- social media output & engagement
- conducting research
- writing blogs, case studies and reports
- general administrative duties
Your Qualifications & Experience:
- First/2:1 degree in a data or computer science, marketing, science, engineering, maths, economics, policy, business, social science or other relevant subject. Second Degree is desirable.
- Experience of working in a busy environment with the proven ability to work under pressure
- An Interest in data, technology, innovation, events & research.
- An interest in marketing, events, start-ups, policies and innovation
- Excellent project management skills and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Organised and methodical approach to task completion including good planning, prioritisation and time management skills
- Able to research and work independently with strong attention to detail and commitment to fact checking own work
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a clear writing style
- IT literate
Placements for between three and six months starting immediately (timings are flexible), working 4–5 days per week.
What we will provide:
- space to work in our open-plan, collaborative workspace in Central Leeds
- guidance on your work and, if applicable, your project
- the opportunity to attend ODI Leeds events
- access and connections to ODI HQ
- flexible work hours
- Living wage during your time at the ODI
Previous interns have said that their ODI internships taught them about teamwork, inspired and helped develop their business, writing and research skills and understand how the application of data and innovation is changing the world. They also said they enjoyed working in its fast-moving startup environment.
- a cover letter (no more than one page)
- a CV (no more than two pages)
to Paul Connell (Founder of ODILeeds) firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 28 March, late applications are being considered up to 11th April.
We are keen to recruit soon, and may be interviewing for this position before the deadline. Candidates are therefore encouraged to apply as soon as possible.